After screening the applications, the hiring committee will invite the most qualified candidates for an interview. The interview can be conducted in-person or virtually and will typically involve questions about the candidate's teaching experience, teaching philosophy, and classroom management skills.
- QUESTIONS FOR TEACHERS
- Tell me about your teaching experience and whether you have online experience (for remote positions).
- What courses you can teach?
- Why are you looking for a job?
- Is there a specific age group you feel most comfortable working with?
- What was the most challenging thing when you were teaching?
- What is the greatest success you've had with teaching?
- What do you like most about teaching?
- What resources and programs do you know?
- The longest period of teaching same student.
- What is your current situation - are you working somewhere? Are you looking for a part-time or full-time job?
- How do you make classes interesting for kids?
- What position would you like to see yourself in 3 years?
- Is there anything else you can teach?
- Do you have experience teaching kids with special needs?
- What is your availability per week approx, how many hours?
- What video conference platforms are you familiar with?
- What is your salary expectation per hour (for private and semi-private classes, for 1 hour, and 30 min classes)?
*You can find questions for other positions on Procedures - General Trello Board - Hiring Process.
2.Provide general information about KS and information about the position - for the online teaching role, the schedule is flexible, and we can't provide a specific scope of work. The teachers provide their availability for us, and we will try our best to find students for them. Tell them the steps of hiring and that the next step is demo class and reference requests.
For in-person teaching position - it will be explained in the job description.
3.If the teacher is not in the USA or Canada we need to check their internet speed. Ask the applicant to share screen and check the internet by visiting https://www.speedtest.net/ (ask the applicant to click on GO)
The acceptable parameters are:
Download: at least 70 Mbps
Upload: at least 15 Mbps
4.If everything is fine and you like the teacher, ask them:"Do you have any questions for me now or you are ready to schedule demo class?"
*Pay attention to the following aspect during the interview:
- How honest does the candidate seem to you
- Whether the information they provide aligns with the information in their resume
- The energy - do you think they could teach dynamically and will be able to engage students
- Look for signs of enthusiasm, passion, and motivation in the candidate. A positive attitude and a willingness to learn and adapt are important qualities to consider
- Assess whether the candidate's values and work style align with those of the company. This can be evaluated through questions about their work habits, preferred work environment, and experience working in a team
- Pay attention to the candidate's overall professionalism, including their attire, body language, and demeanor. Look for signs of confidence, respect, and self-awareness.
Add the notes during the interview in the Google sheet - Staff https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zFFrOjVegODRDSJwCbBHdVBBmP8GhjgNLqK5U5QNU0M/edit#gid=0.